Saturday, October 25, 2014

Unintended!

Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the gospel. As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. And because of my chains, most of the brothers and sisters have become confident in the Lord and dare all the more to proclaim the gospel without fear. (Philippians 1:12-14 NIV)

It has been about a week since my wife and I returned from a week vacation. Part of that trip was to the Christian Motorcyclists Association Fall Colors Rally in Hatield, Arkansas. After we left our daughters house in St. Louis, we rode through Missouri in the rain, wind, and cold. We stopped for coffee in Rolla, Missouri. While parked in the lot an unknown person ran into our camper, damaging it and the motorcycle, then fleeing. It delayed our trip, but didn't keep us from attending a great rally.

Many will say that was just bad luck. I say satan was trying to keep us from attending this rally filled with prayer, praise, and worship. It didn't work. There was a point when we could have decided to turn around and head home. I feel the spirit of God intended us to go forward. In many ways this moment emboldened me to move forward an make sure we got to the rally. When the sun came out a few hour later, I could tell God was pleased with our decision.

Everyday we have points where we could give in to satan. We could give up, but I have found when we choose to move forward, we are usually blessed more. Satan intended the barrier for bad, but it turned out to be for good. We can't let the bad events of our lives dictate our faith. We can't let the barriers keep us from Gods wonderful blessings. If we listen and act on his call, God will honor that faith.

I was exceedingly blesse at the CMA Colors Rally. It was a great time with my CMA family, praising God, resting, and relaxing in his presence. Thank you Lord for your amazing faithfulness and spectacular protection.

No comments: