Wednesday, October 29, 2014

I'm one day closer

Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long. (Psalm 119:97 NIV)

You might get tired of me saying it, but I am getting closer and closer to retirement. Every time I get my quarterly statement on my retirement, I dream of that day. I really do love what I'm doing and I'm not going to sit around and stare out the windows. One of the things I long to do in retirement is spend more time in the word of God. Right now I have time in the morning before school and in the evening after getting my school work done. I enjoy those times and long for them to be extended.

I think those are the same thoughts of the psalmist. As you grow older and see the results of spending time with God, you come to realize those intimate moments with the creator are the best times of your life. Your life starts to slow down. You are not bothered by setbacks and trials. You start appreciating the little things and the special times with friends and family.  You start getting your priorities in the correct places. You long for the word of God. Yep, I just can't wait until I get that extra time.

Thank you Lord for the wonderful life you have given me. The experiences have all directed me to a life closer to you. I praise you for the growth you have directed in me spiritually. Your power and your grace are overwhleming and the evidence of your love is everywhere in my life. Thank you lord. I love you! Amen!

No comments: