Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Standing watch!

I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint. (Habakkuk 2:1 NIV)

As Christian leaders we have a great responsibility to pray earnestly. We need to be vigilant in searching for people and issues to take to the Lord in prayer. We do this by building deep relationships with our family, friends, and coworkers. We need to go beyond cordial greetings. We need to really get to know them so we can pray for them and the daily issues they face. We may be the only one who will take those concerns to the Lord. We need to stand watch and position ourselves to know the needs and concerns of others. 

We also need to be willing to share our own concerns and needs with our brothers and sisters. I always find it difficult to do this. But, the power of prayer is no small matter. It's not just our prayers the Lord wants to hear. 

Praise God for his willingness to hear our prayers. Praise God for his amazing love!

No comments: