Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Why am I shocked?

When Peter saw this, he said to them: “Fellow Israelites, why does this surprise you? Why do you stare at us as if by our own power or godliness we had made this man walk? (Acts 3:12 NIV)

I have seen the power of God time and time again. It seems I always have the same response, AMAZEMENT! Why am I so surprised! Is my faith really that weak?

A couple weekends ago, we traveled with my CMA family to southern Indiana. We road the best of the best motorcycle roads in Indiana. The trip was full of twisties, sharp turns, acceleration, and leaning heavy on the two tire sidewalls. One of our group recognized low air pressure in one of his tires. We stopped near the end of our day and added some air. About 20 miles later, at our dinner location, we pulled in and he said he could hardly drive his Goldwing. We looked at the rear tire. It was nearly shredded to nothing. Threads and cords were fully exposed. The tire was about to blow!

Our CMA brother was protected. We were all amazed. God showed his power and strength! To think of all that could have been, to think of the potential tragedy, placed all of us in awe!  Many people would say we were lucky. I say we were protected by the God of the Universe. I was amazed.

Why am I so shocked at the power of my God? We ask, we pray, we plead. Why are we surprised when he reveals himself in miraculous fashion?

My God is amazing! I praise you Lord for your hand in my life. I ask your forgiveness when I doubt you. I am humbled that you would choose me for a miracle. I am so excited that you can love me so much and use your power to protect me. Praise God for his miraculous ways!

No comments: