Saturday, October 25, 2014

Fan the flame!

I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also. For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:5-7 NIV)

It's always great to look back at your life. When I look back I see a great heritage of believers. My grandparents, my parents, former pastors, youth leaders, and my friends, have helped guide my life to the man I am today. It emboldens me, it gives me strength and courage to persevere, it drives me to make my own mark in service to the kingdom. I can't help but get excited when I think about the amazing life God has given me. 

Part of my duty as a faithful follower of Christ is to fan the flame so that others might be strong in their faith. I am to leave the same legacy that was left to me. If I want to be the leader God wants me to be, I need to be bold, I need to share openly how the flame has grown in me. I need to always be working to share his love through acts of kindness, service, and prayer for others. 

Praise God for this wonderful life. Give me the strength to serve you as a true leader with a clear focus on the mission you have given me. I love  you Lord and praise your name for the constant blessings in my life. Amen!

No comments: