Sunday, October 5, 2014

Judge not!

This is what the Lord says: “For three sins of Judah, even for four, I will not relent. Because they have rejected the law of the Lord and have not kept his decrees, because they have been led astray by false gods, the gods their ancestors followed, I will send fire on Judah that will consume the fortresses of Jerusalem.” (Amos 2:4-5 NIV)

It's so easy to ignore your own sins and shake your head in disgust at someone else's. As a great leader you always need to be just as critical of your own faults as the faults of those you lead. We have all fallen short of the glory of God! We have all made errors in judgement, we have all ignored God, we have all sinned against others and God.

A huge barrier for most christians is the sin of others. It's funny how our sins are always less than the sins of others. Of course we know that's not true, but we act like it. It's sad that we can't share, openly, our own sins as tools to show God's amazing love. It's sad that we won't even try to build relationships with the lost because of THEIR sins.

Please Lord, open our eyes and our hearts to the lost. Help us to do whatever it takes to bring the lost to you. Lord, you love me knowing my entire life. You love me regardless of my past. Thank you Lord, you are wonderful and I praise you for my life filled with you!

No comments: