Saturday, October 4, 2014

"What have I done."

I have listened attentively, but they do not say what is right. None of them repent of their wickedness, saying, “What have I done?” Each pursues their own course like a horse charging into battle. Even the stork in the sky knows her appointed seasons, and the dove, the swift and the thrush observe the time of their migration. But my people do not know the requirements of the Lord. (Jeremiah 8:6-7 NIV)

It's just not popular to talk about sin. It's not one of those sermons that draw people to a church. We are a sinful people. We need to confront our sins head on. There comes a time we need to say "What have I done?" We need to go to our loving and grace filled God, ask his forgiveness, repenting of our wickedness. We are called by God to repent and seek his grace. We can't overcome the sin in our lives without Jesus. We need to be open about it with the God of the universe. We need to fall on our knees to petition for his grace and forgiveness.

Lord, you know my heart, you know my life and the sins I commit. Please Lord forgive me, take away the sins that keep me far away from you. Take away my sins against my family, friends, and coworkers. Give me strength to overcome those sins and lead a life more pleasing to you. I love you and praise you for your amazing love you show me every day.

No comments: