Saturday, October 11, 2014

Being vs Doing

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. (Acts 20:24 NIV)

I have read that we need to focus on BEING a Christian than DOING Chrisitan things. We get so busy doing things for Christ that we don't be the Christian God has called us to be. This is not to say we are not supposed to serve. Christian are called to serve! But, we really need to focus on our own development as a Christian. Being the best we can be, will help us be a brewer servant as well. 

My year is a roller coaster between doing and being. Now that the ride season is winding down, I am looking more inward than outward. What can I do to improve my own faith? Prayer has been my starting point this past couple of weeks. I have gone back to a prayer journal. I will spend more time in study and bible reading. But the thing I am looking for the most is some quiet time, listening to God, hearing his voice and letting the spirit move inside me.

Thank you Lord for the seasons in my life that drive me closer to you. I pray you will use this time to teach me your ways. Speak to me through your word and embed its message deep into my heart.

No comments: