Thursday, October 30, 2014

Bald like me!

Do not withhold your mercy from me, Lord; may your love and faithfulness always protect me. For troubles without number surround me; my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see. They are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me. (Psalm 40:11-12 NIV)

I got a little bit of a chuckle about this serious set of verses. For those of you that know me, I don't have much hair on my head. So when I'm reading this scripture and thinking why doesn't the psalmist just shave his head. I really feel my troubles are not that  numerous. They don't surround me and I don't feel they are going to over take me. They do match the hairs on my head.

My God has protected me in amazing ways. I can feel it and see it every day of my life. I often wonder why. I never come up with a sufficient answer. It has to be the grace of God. I have seen his mercy in my own life. I have seen all his power and strength through times of trial and pain. My heart is strong not because of my wonderfulnes. It is not me, it is my savior. So, if you want to overcome your troubles, shave your head. Ask Christ into your life and watch how the love, grace, and mercy fill your life. We should all be bald!

Praise God. I am blessed and amazed ny your love. I am amazed with your grace and how it has brought me to the point in my life that the troubles and trials DO match the numbers of hairs on my head. I am awed by your protection. I am awed by my own life, thank you Jesus for everything. You are amazing! Amen!

No comments: