Tuesday, October 28, 2014

My girls!

Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. (Psalm 127:3 NIV)

I love my daughters. At this point in my life, my grandkids get all the "press". It's not fair comparing grandkids to your own children. It's a totally different relationship. I know many grandparents, including myself, that just can't get enough of their grandkids. I've never heard my daughters complain, but really we grandparents almost neglect our own kids.

I can't express enough the love I have for my daughters. I feel for them when they hurt and share their joys. I am filled with pride about the people they have become. It's not easy having one live in St. Louis and another life in Mississippi. I miss seeing those two every day. But in reality the other lives an hour away and it is even tough to see her as much as I would like. 

If God uses kids to reward us, I feel like I've received the Nobel prize. I am blessed to have such a great family, a heritage that thrills my heart. Praise God for these wonderful blessings. I pray constantly that they are protected and are blessed by the creator of this universe. Thank you Lord for these wonderful ladies!

No comments: