Sunday, November 2, 2014

Help!

You make your saving help my shield, and your right hand sustains me; your help has made me great. (Psalm 18:35 NIV)

We, I can't go through this life alone. I need help. I have the wonderful help of my wife and my friends and colleagues. My real help comes from the Lord. 

How do I know when the Lord is helping me?

My first indication is my prayers. I have noticed God really does answer my prayers. I use need to look for those answers. Most of my prayers are personal and not spoken outside my private prayer time. No one else knows my prayers. It has to be the Lord. The "World" would say it is coincidence or chance or that my own desires direct the answers. That is just ludicrous. God is in control, he is real, and he is my help when I need him.

I have also seen help come even when I have not asked. I have seen "supernatural" interventions that can only be explained by my loving savior. Again, the world tries to explain this away. Your thoughts are your own. I have seen the wonderful help from my God. He has intervened for me. He has answered my prayers on multiple occasions. He knows what's best for me and he alone determines when that help comes and in what form. Even when I don't put it into words, he sends help. He is my help in all times. I love him and praise his name!

No comments: