Tuesday, September 2, 2014

You have to admire the Apple!

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. (Galatians 5:22-23 NIV)

It's one of my favorite times of the year. We are harvesting apples! I love apples in nearly every conceivable way. I love cherries, oranges, blueberries, and nearly every kind of fruit. But, you have to admire the versatility of the apple. Cobblers, pies, with peanut butter, Carmel, brown sugar, apple sauce, cider, juice, peeled, raw, in cookies, and turnovers. I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Of course you could have another great conversation about the best type. Macintosh, golden delicious, Granny Smith, and more all have their own wondeful taste. Yes, it is a wonderful time of the year.

It takes an entire season to make a good apple. The fruit can't be picked too early nor too late. Great apples come from years of growth in the tree. This wonderful list of "fruits of the spirit" also take time to develop. They are the result of turning your life to Christ and letting him mold you so that you can bear this fruit. I am seeing these fruit more and more as I grow older. I'm not ready for harvest but they are ripening. I am thankful God is patient with me and cares for me while the fruit grows. I am thankful to see the fruit in others shared with me. Praise God the harvest draws near! I love you Lord! 

No comments: