Saturday, September 6, 2014

I don't just hangout with Christians!

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. (Ezekiel 36:26 NIV)

I had a wonderful day yesterday. My CMA, Christian Motorcyclist Association, chapter had a ride to Tony Packos in Toledo, Ohio. We had 19 which included a group from a secular motorcycle club. We had a great time ministering. From the outside it might have looked like we were just having normal fun, but we were ministering, 

I'm not criticizing other ministries when I say I just don't believe in "in your face" evangelism. I'm sure some door to door ministries, or street evangelists, can be effective, I'm just not led to do that. I love just being normal and letting my actions witness. I love hanging out with people who have the same passions I do for motorcycles. We DO have other common bonds, we are all sinners who have rejected God, If you don't have some common bond, it's tough to share your savior with them. It is important for people to trust you first. They need to know you are not judgemental. They need to know you are not condemning them and you can accept them just where they are. Kind of sound like God? They need to know you are not perfect and that a god still accepts you inspire of that. It takes time and patience to minister with grace and love. I want all the people to see God within me. If they can spend enough time with me to see that I also am imperfect, flawed, and sinful, yet deeply loved by God, maybe they will want the same thing.

I don't JUST hangout with Christians, I want to hangout with people that don't know God and his son Jesus Christ like I do. Praise God for the joy of building lasting relationships with each other and the possibility that those relationships lead to a faith in my savior!

No comments: