Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Learn it! Love it! Teach it!

For Ezra had devoted himself to the study and observance of the Law of the Lord, and to teaching its decrees and laws in Israel. (Ezra 7:10 NIV)

I love teaching, I also love learning, and trying new things! I see other teachers that share those same loves. I just don't know how you can get students excited about learning if you aren't. Teachers that stop learning, modifying, trying new things, or dreaming need to retire. Teachers that give up on students or want to use the same lesson plans they've used for their entire career need to rethink there career choice. You need to be a lifelong learner to build life long learners. I am so fortunate to work with teachers that love to learn along with their students. That's what makes GHS a great place to be.

Our Christian lives need to mirror those same goals. We need to be devoted to study, practicing what we study, and sharing our learning with others. That's what Ezra was modeling for his people. In my nightly devotions from the Maxwell Leadership Reading Plan by John C. Maxwell, shared this quote:

" Dwight L. Moody suggested the greatest tragedy of his day was that Christian leaders attempted to traffic in unlived truth."

Is that true for us? Are we living the way we are preaching? If I'm preaching the value of going out, building relationships with the lost, serving the poor, widows, and orphans, yet not doing it myself, what kind of leader am I? We need to live a life pleasing to God. That is our best witness to others.

Dear Lord, forgive me for my double standards. Forgive me for teaching one way and living another. Help me to not just to read and study your plan, but to live it every day. I need to learn it! Live it! And Teach it! With my words, actions, and thoughts! I pray, lord, that you will use me to further your kingdom, even through my own weakness! I love you and praise you for my wonderful life!




No comments: