Thursday, September 11, 2014

My power

That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:10 NIV)

I'm kind of addicted to power. I love the power of a motorcycle. The acceleration can nearly pull you off the seat. I love to race off from a stoplight challenging an unaware motorists it a drag race. But, that power is only temporary. I can't continue to accelerate endlessly. I don't get that same exhilaration at a constant speed or decelerating to a stop. 

Power is temporary. Throughout my life I have been powerless, most people do face the lack of power at some point in life. We are powerless when we face cancer, illness, death of loved ones, loss of jobs, family strife, or a multitude of other calamities. We will face people who challenge us, insult us, and maybe persecute us. During all of these times of weakness, we can be strong. My savior, Jesus Christ, makes me strong through the worst times. Through weakness, I always turn to my powerful God, he builds me up, he strengthens me, he provides the power. I feel so sorry for those that don't feel they can turn to God. I feel sorry for those that don't feel that exhilaration and surge of his love through trials. 

Praise God, he is my constant power and strength. He is my rock, my redeemer, and my friend.

No comments: