Tuesday, September 9, 2014

What's your role?

People were overwhelmed with amazement. “He has done everything well,” they said. “He even makes the deaf hear and the mute speak.” (Mark 7:37 NIV)

I love being a husband, father, gramps, teacher, CMA president, and friend. I strongly believe the God of all creation has put me here to fill those roles. He assigns each of us roles and tasks to complete while we walk this earth. Some choose to ignore his call and try to go their own way. They want control. Others drift aimlessly because they do not hear. When we finally accept our role, then cherish that role, we thrive!

Jesus was given the most important role ever to be assigned by God, he was assigned the duty to save the world. He masterfully fulfilled that role and continues to be our savior. We may not fulfill our roles like Jesus, but we can strive to reach that pinnacle. We can strive to listen, act, and follow his wonderful plan. We can have a wonderful, fulfilling, impact on this world if we just heed his call. We need to listen to his direction in filling all of our roles. We need to stay in constant communication to adapt those roles to the life we see every day.

 Yes, I cherish the assignments God has given me. I praise him for his guidance, his love, and his wisdom in tackling every day life. I praise you for all things and honor you for entrusting me with a multitude of glorious roles to serve my family, friends, and community. Thank you Lord!

No comments: