Monday, September 8, 2014

Mano a Mano!

As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. (Proverbs 27:17 NIV)
This verse is perfectly fitting for today. For those not familiar with the saying "Mano a Mano" here is the actual definition and origination:
                    It is "mano a mano," sometimes hyphenated (as in "mano-a-mano") not "mano e        mano" or "mano Y mano" or any other other spellings. Literally, it does mean "hand to hand" and was originally used to describe bullfights where two (usually superstar) matadors were competing against each other (for audience admiration and applause) as well as against the bulls. 
                      Present day, it's basically a Spanish saying for "man to man."
I received an email last week from someone involved with Kairos which is a prison ministry. This man was asking if my Christian Motorcyclist Association Chapter would be willing to mentor a soon to be released Christian prisoner, help find him an accepting church, and give him a place to pray with Christian men who would hold him accountable. 
I am really praying about this and how God might use me. This man has committed his life to Christ nearly 2 years ago. Now he is ready to be released and will face many challenges. Please pray for me. Pray that I will be open to this great need and pray that God will use me to help this man face the challenges he will be facing. 
Men need men. Christian men need Christian men. We need time away from women, Mano a Mano. We need to challenge each other, build each other up, and hold each other accountable. I value, more than I can describe, the men in my life. That doesn't lessen the relationship I have with my wife. It sharpens that relationship. Yes, my relationship with the women in my life is better because I have a group of men to share with on a regular basis. Thank you Lord for the wonderful men in my life. I praise you for these relationships and ask you to bless them. Thank you for love and grace I experience every time we meet.



No comments: