Monday, September 8, 2014

The Spectacular!

So when he heard that Lazarus was sick, he stayed where he was two more days, (John 11:6 NIV)

Do you remember Willy Wonka? Every kid in that chocolate factory wanted their own way and they wanted it now! It sounds a lot like our prayers. We use all the right words. We have the best intentions. But, when it comes to prayer we want answers NOW and the answers better be yes! But, my loving Heavenly Father knows best. Sometimes he waits so his glory will be even MORE spectacular. Such is this situation with Lazarus. He didn't just want to heal someone, he wanted to raise them from the dead. 

My God is amazing. His love for us is just as amazing as the miracles he performs. We don't always know what he is up to, but we can be sure his love will shine through that plan. Praise and glory to the God who has brought me through this wonderful life. I have seen his glory. I have seen his grace and I have seen his mercy. Thank you Lord for going beyond the mundane to perform the spectacular for your people!

No comments: