Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Repitition, repitition, repitition!

“Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali, the Way of the Sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles— the people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.” (Matthew 4:15-16 NIV)

When I read my devotions last night, the author talked about how repetitive the gospel message is. He shared a story of a new pastor that shared the same sermon every week for the first three weeks at his new church. The congregation asked why, he said, "When you start living out this sermon, I'll change to a different one. This verse refers to Jesus as the light. Yep, I have heard that many times before. I probably should hear it many more times.

I world is such a dark place. There is evil everywhere and we need the light of Jesus more today than ever. As Christians it is easy to get overwhelmed by the darkness and develop an attitude of hopelessness. Have we forgotten the light that lives in our hearts? Have we/I forgotten that we have already won the victory! The light of Jesus will overcome the darkness and will reign forever. 

Our memories are as short as those of the Israelites delivered from Pharoah. We ourselves can be a light in the darkness through the light that dwells inside us. I shouldn't live life like I've been defeated. I AM VICTORIOUS through Jesus! Praise God! Let your light shine! Sy it over and over again! I am victorious through Jesus Christ! Praise God! Say it again!

No comments: