Friday, September 5, 2014

Not "consumed"!

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:22-23 NIV)

Every morning is new - I don't know about you, but very morning feels like such a new life for me. I sit quietly and greatly enjoy the solitude with my coffee and newspaper. I have time to reflect on my life, decisions, and what the day holds. It's simple, but I also look back and see the consequences or the results of my life. It envariably leads me to thoughts of how wonderful a God has been in my life. I have not been "consumed" and a God has never failed! 

Praise God for his love is forever, his unending protection and grace are a beautiful gift. I look forward to another wonderful day, the people, experiences, and challenges of daily life. Use me Lord, for your purposes, give comfort to those that are going through trials, heal those facing cancer, and relieve to stresses of family strife. Lead me to those people that need the love of Jesus and let me be a light in their life!

No comments: