Saturday, September 20, 2014

Your face needs to match your heart!

A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit. (Proverbs 15:13 NIV)

"If your happy and you know it,.........."

I rember this song from my childhood like it was yesterday. It brings a smile to my face. That's the intent of this verse. A happy heart should bring a smile to your face. You have to show the smile from inside your heart if you really want people to believe it. 

If the joy that God fills you with doesn't make it from your heart to your face, what good is it? In education, the rule of thumb was never smile until after thanksgiving. That's crazy! I smile all the time. Well, maybe not all the time, but most of the time! I just love to have a laugh, relax, and have fun with my students. I also love to set the example that life on this earth is too short to frown all the time. It's a waste of time to frown your life away. Laughter in the classroom is a great, but that's not the only place we should be laughing. They say the family that plays together stays together. I would say the family that laughs, lasts! 

Laughing, smiling, and sharing joy are all a big part of our Christian witness to the lost. Your face needs to match the joy that Jesus has placed in your heart! Laugh, Smile, Love!

No comments: