Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Causing pain

David said to God, “Was it not I who ordered the fighting men to be counted? I, the shepherd, have sinned and done wrong. These are but sheep. What have they done? Lord my God, let your hand fall on me and my family, but do not let this plague remain on your people.” (1 Chronicles 21:17 NIV)

David's plea to save his people is honorable. Although I have never faced a calamity of that magnitude, it reminds me of my family. As my girls and their families go through life, they face many joys and challenges. It's great to share their joys. When they face challenges, I feel just like David. I know their suffering will produce good. I trust God. But, I still feel their pain and would do anything to take away that pain. I have voiced my pleas to the Lord, just like David. 

I do not like to see others suffer. It is even more painful if I have caused that suffering. My actions, my sins do have consequences beyond myself. 

Lord, Forgive me for my sins and how they affect the ones I love. Forgive me for my selfishness and neglect of others. I trust you and your plans for my family. Please protect them, watch over them. Keep them from evil. Draw them closer to you everyday of their lives. Hear their prayers and grant them blessings beyond their dreams. I know you love them and praise you for your wonderful grace and mercy!

No comments: