Thursday, September 18, 2014

Until then!

I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. (Philippians 1:23-24 NIV)

I overheard someone making a comment about their struggles in life being "better than the alternative", meaning that a life of misery is preferred over death. I have to disagree!

I certainly love my life. Being with my family is a gift I never get enough of. The idea of separation from the ones I love makes me think twice about leaving to live in eternity. Yet, the promise of glory, for eternity, with Jesus is a powerful alternative to the struggles of this life. To think of no more stress, pain, crying, sin, death, and destruction, is a great promise that draws me. I am also greatly comforted knowing my family will join me there. Each of my family members have chosen to follow Jesus. Leaving here will not be a goodbye. So, we can all look forward to Heaven with our loved ones and the King of all kings. It is glorious to picture my entire family sitting around the feet of Jesus.

Praise God for the home he builds in eternity! I look forward to that day. Until then I will continue to serve him, love life and praise his name right here where I am! 

No comments: