Monday, May 19, 2014

LAZY

We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised. (Hebrews 6:12 NIV)

Lazy,are you kidding me? I can truthfully say, I'm not lazy. I traveled yesterday afternoon to an education conference. We ate dinner and then I went straight to my room to spend the next 3 hours grading school work for my students. I couldn't get to it this weekend because I was trying to keep from being LAZY.  Friday night was the grandkids track meet, Saturday a charity motorcycle ride then straight to a CMA church visit. Sunday we had another charity church visit, went home, packed, took a 20 minute power nap, then drove 3 hours to Flint, Michigan. I don't think I will have the opportunity to be lazy for another week.

I do long for some time off. School is about to end and I am looking forward to the LAZY days of summer. That won't be entirely true. I just can't set still for long. While summer lets me be  ore leisurely about my day to day activities, I will be anything but lazy and that's the way God designed us. My life is perfect. It is active, full, and rewarding. I have purpose, Gods purpose. That is what this verse is saying. We are not to meander through life. We are to spend life in a purposeful way. Drifting along with no plan, rutterless, is the true definition of laziness. When we do that and we align our purpose with God's plan, glorious things occur in our lives. We will inherit the promises of God.

Praise God for this wondeful FULL  life he has blessed me with. Thank you for the joy of your salvation!

No comments: