Saturday, May 31, 2014

Heaven

And I confer on you a kingdom, just as my Father conferred one on me, (Luke 22:29 NIV)

I just read a great study on Heaven, my ultimate place to be. As a kid, I always thought of Heaven as being the clouds. I think that comes from the thought "he ascended" into Heaven. Yet, we really don't know where Heaven is. I understand there is some reference in the bible about it being in the North. I've never heard that until now. I also have heard reports Heaven is here on Earth. It's fun to speculate, but it really is of no consequence. Wherever Heaven is, it's where Christ is and that's where I want to be.

Heaven is a literal place. It says it in the bible. Jesus has gone to prepare a place for us. That's about as clear as it could be. I long for this place and the peace it provides. It's not that my life is impossible. My life here on Earth is wonderful. Life in Heaven will be infinitely more so. The peace, the joy, the knowledge we will have is incomparable to our day to day existence here. 

Praise God for my new home, a home that is being prepared specifically for me. Lord I long for a time when I can be with you for eternity. I longing for the wonderful peace and joy. Thank you for caring so much that you sent your son to die for me that I might have eternal life. Thank You!

No comments: