Wednesday, May 21, 2014

No! Do or Do not! There is no try!

Those who walk righteously and speak what is right, who reject gain from extortion and keep their hands from accepting bribes, who stop their ears against plots of murder and shut their eyes against contemplating evil— they are the ones who will dwell on the heights, whose refuge will be the mountain fortress. Their bread will be supplied, and water will not fail them. (Isaiah 33:15, 16 NIV)

One of my favorite Star Wars characters is Yoda. I love this line from the movie,"No! Do or Do not, there is no try!" Today my students took their state Algebra Exam. They could no longer fall back on the comfort that they were trying. Today that had to DO! 

When I read these verses I started out thinking I "try" to walk righteously and speak what is right. Then for some reason the Holy Spirit reminded me of this great line. I can not be satisfied as a Christian with trying! 

There is no middle ground when we speak of faith. We can not justify our sins by claiming we are trying to live a sinfree life. We have to do what is right in the eyes of The Lord. It says we even have to shut our eyes to CONTEMPLATING evil. That's a pretty tough standard. We need to get to the point in our life that doing is our only choice. This takes confidence in our faith and confidence that The Lord is with us. We can be bold and fear nothing. You only gain that confidence by spending time with The Lord. There is no other way! So, to borrow the over used motto, "Just DO it!"


No comments: