Monday, May 26, 2014

Deeply Blessed!

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. (James 1:17 NIV)

After over 1300 miles of riding this weekend, my lovely wife and I arrived home at about 7:30 last night. We were exhausted. We were also deeply blessed by a great weekend. My CMA family went to DC to Rolling Thunder 2014. What a meaningful salute to our vets. We were blessed with amazing weather, fellowship, and safe travels. 

 God has blessed me consistently throughout my life even through my sinfulness and inconsistent relationship with him. I do not deserve the blessings I received this weekend. I often overlook the simple blessings of a great weekend. Many times I take for granted the little details God watches over in my daily routine. I take for granted the protection, the friends, and the family I have been given. I take for granted the freedoms I have. I take for granted the sacrifices of those protecting me here at home and those serving overseas. I visit a memorial like the Vietnam or Flight 93 memorial and get emotional in the moment. But, once I leave, those memories fade. It's sad that in my busy life, I don't honor those people in all I do.

Dear Lord, forgive me for the selfish, unappreciative life I live. You are an amazing and loving God who has blessed me in numerous and magnificent ways. Thank you Lord for your love. Thank you for my many blessings. Thank you for this wonderful life and the protections you provide. I am undeserving! Amen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sir you were speaking for me too, Thank You Jesus