Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Fill'er up!

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. (Matthew 5:6 NIV)

I have just started a new bible study about the conflict between faith and science. It is not a dynamic study, more of an intellectual study. It is somewhat refreshing. It appears, early in my viewing, that the speaker and I agree there is no real conflict and fear is more of the driving force than fact. I can't wait to continue!

Bible Studies and my own reflection on scripture have been a major part of my life for quite a number of years. I literally can't get enough. You could say "I hunger and thirst for righteousness." God's word is as valuable as my daily meals. It's fuel for my soul! It's like an old fashioned gas attendant. I drive in and just say "Fill'er Up!" 

I am never  dissappointed as I view or study Gods word. If it's my own personal study or study from someone else, I long to be filled. It started as a New Years Resolution to read the Bible in a year. I did it and found so much value in it, I made it a part of my daily routine. Now I can't do without it. I don't read the entire Bible in a year because I want to go deeper. I take it a short verse at a time and really let the Holy Spirit fill me. It is quite a meaningful time. 

Lord, I can't thank you enough for the great gift of your word. I am in awe how these ancient stories and words have such a major impact. I ask you to speak to me through the writers of your book of life. Help me read, understand, and apply your truths to my life every day I live and breathe for you. Amen!

No comments: