Saturday, May 3, 2014

Vic is dirty again!

Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. (Psalm 51:2 NIV)

My bike needs washed again. It's never ending. We had some rain today, not a lot, and it doesn't take anytime at all to get a bike dirty. They are testing a car that is selfcleaning. Could a self cleaning bike be on the horizon? I hate to admit it, I would miss washing and waxing my bike. Give me a warm 75 degrees, a hose, and VIC and I could waste an afternoon. I would much rather ride, but sometimes you just need to lose yourself in some physical labor. It's also a great way to perform a close inspection to see how the bike is holding up. 

I think God feels the same about me. He would much rather prefer not to have to wash away my sins. He would love to just love on me and watch me live in his will. Realistically, he knows that's not going to happen, I'm a sinner. So, he enjoys the opportunity to wash my sins away. It's a time he gets to be intimate with me. He gets in touch with me on a very deep level. When I ask him to forgive me, it is a time of great closeness. It's a time where I open up and let him "inspect" my life. He washes away all the dirt!

Praise God he is patient enough to cleanse me when I get dirty. He knows it's going to happen again and again. He still enjoys the time with me, even if it is to straighten out my life. Thank you Lord. Your love is amazing!

No comments: