Thursday, May 29, 2014

It all starts with suffering!

Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. (Romans 5:3-5 NIV)

Our entire life is filled with suffering. That's not something to be depressed about. I know from personal experience that I grow in my faith through the suffering and stresses of life. 

Today is the last day of school for our students. Every one of my 20 years in education have produced great memories and times of "suffering". This year is no different. We started a new adventure at GHS this year with personalized learning and interdisciplinary learning. We have done some great things and there are definitely things we need to change. It has been one of the most rewarding and challenging years I've ever had. I am glad I went through it. I feel more confident in ways we can help prepare our students for life beyond high school.

Praise God for his plan for my life. I praise him for the joys and sorrows that help me draw closer to him. I thank you for the spirit you provide to help me negotiate the obstacles I see every day. I have a hope, not because of my own power, but from the strength of The Lord.

No comments: