Friday, May 2, 2014

I can leave in peace.

“Sovereign Lord, as you have promised, you may now dismiss your servant in peace. For my eyes have seen your salvation, which you have prepared in the sight of all nations: a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and the glory of your people Israel.” (Luke 2:29-32 NIV)

I am moving closer to retirement and, really, a seat at the foot of the throne of Jesus. I have been a part of so many wonderful things in my life. I know God is not done with me yet, but I am a satisfied man because I know the salvation of Jesus. I can leave in peace. But, I'm not going to sit back and coast through the rest of my days. Because of the joy of my salvation, I am even more determined to serve the kingdom. I just don't understand how people who claim salvation can hold it in. Don't you just feel you'll explode if you don't share the love Christ has given you?

The older I get the more I am aware of the presence of God, through the calm and through the storms. Life is not easy and yet it is terribly simple. We live life best by turning everything over to Christ. We don't have to worry. We don't have to stress over the mundane activities of everyday life. God has had a plan since the beginning of time that includes you and me. He has worked his plan to perfection culminating in the ultimate sacrifice of his son. Nothing else matters.

Thank you Lord for your perfect plan and our wonderful salvation.

No comments: