Wednesday, May 14, 2014

How believable am I?

They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.” (John 4:42 NIV)

I like to think I'm pretty persuasive. I'm a teacher. I have to be able to explain a concept and get students to believe and act on it! More often than not, I'm pretty effective doing that. I "might" have a tendency to be a little preachy. (I hope my daughters don't fall over laughing about that understatement.)  The most important thing I teach is Jesus Christ. I want that message, above all else, to be believable. I want people to see its real in my life and then they can conclude it will be real in their own. I often wonder just how believable I am.

My words are only a small part of my ministry. My actions speak louder. Regardless how much I can be a "fan" of Jesus, people need to experience him to really start to believe. I have to share more than just some superficial adoration of Jesus. People need to see how my life has been changed by Jesus. This concept goes all the way back to Jesus times. You need to walk with Jesus to finally experience his majesty. My entire life is dedicated to just getting people to experience Jesus. Once they make a commitment to TRY, it's all Jesus. They will never turn back. 

Dear Lord, give me the opportunity and the skill to share your great mercy and grace with the world. Help me to share all you've done in my life. I can't imagine a life without you and I want others to feel the same way. Amen!

No comments: