Thursday, May 8, 2014

Credibility

God means what he says. What he says goes. His powerful Word is sharp as a surgeon’s scalpel, cutting through everything, whether doubt or defense, laying us open to listen and obey. Nothing and no one is impervious to God’s Word. We can’t get away from it—no matter what. (Hebrews 4:12, 13 MSG)

When you are working with teenagers, it is important to keep your word. You must follow through, if you say something and don't follow up, you have lost your students, permanently.
Credibility is imperative for a teacher. I have to prove myself to my students every day. They listen and apply what I tell them. If they can't make sense of what I say, if it doesn't work, they won't trust me in the future. Over time, they keep a mental tally of my credibility. They will decide by experience wether they should believe me or not.

I really do the same thing with God. It embarrasses me to say that I doubt God. But, I think everyone does. That doubt was more frequent when I was younger. Now that I have lived with God for over 40 years, I can see so many instances of Gods power. I know he loves me. I see it every day. He blesses me beyond anything I deserve and humbles me with how he cares for me. But, I still do have doubts from time to time. I don't doubt his power. I do doubt the plan I see laying out before me. I don't always question the plan, but when I do doubt this is my weakness. 

Lord forgive me for my doubts. Forgive me when I think I know a better plan than you have laid before me. I love you and know you have watched over me for 54 years. I praise you for that love and the wondeful blessings you have provided. 


No comments: