Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Use all your resources

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, (Ephesians 3:16 NIV)

Life is tough. Obstacles are appear with surprising regularity nearly everyday. Bumps in the road to major chasms test us and our faith in Christ. We can't depend on our own strength to battle "the world" on a daily basis. We need the power of Jesus Christ! That is why building a relationship with The Lord of the universe is so important. Daily prayer, searching his word, and worship are absolutely the key to developing a power deep within us.

I don't know about you, but I feel this battle all the time. This war shows up at work, home, and school with how I respond to things when they don't go right, or dealing with conflict. Our responses to trouble and conflict tell much about the relationship we have with Christ. I urge you, and myself, to work at growing your relationship with the Heavenly Father. When you see yourself falling back in to sinful patterns of this world you need to recommit to that realtionship. You and I both need to use the great resources, the riches, of our Lord, to strengthen us against evil. Those so resources are always available. We just need to accept them and live a life well lived for Christ.

No comments: