Saturday, May 17, 2014

What stuff do you need?

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. (Matthew 6:33 NIV)

What do I really need? What "stuff" in my life is impossible to love without? When you really look into your life, you need very little. I need even less. I don't need my motorcycle, I don't need my ipads, computers, phones, and GPS. I don't need all the clothing I have. I don't need the furniture, TVs, air conditioning, and more. Here's my "must have" list. Food, drink, and nothing else. Ok, I'll let you talk me in to clothing and maybe shelter. Even with these two you don't need extravagant shelter or clothing. Yet, God says we shouldn't even pursue these basics. First we need to seek Gods kingdom and his righteousness. When we do that the worry of the basics melt away. We don't have to ask to survive. All we have to do is focus on the creator of all things. 

I know there are good Christian people suffering in this world that can't even get the basics of life. I wish I had a great answer to WHY? I don't. I can repeat this scripture. The more suffering increases in your life, the more you need to direct your attention to God. Seek him and we have a promise that all the things you need will be added unto you. I have experienced this first hand and I have received WAY more than just the basics of life.

 I will seek God with all my heart!

No comments: