Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Sleep

In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety. (Psalm 4:8 NIV)

I was exhausted yesterday. It's the first time I remember nearly falling asleep at school. I got home, went to a meeting, and then crashed hard. The older I get the longer it takes to physically recover from a busy trip. I am thankful The Lord provides rest and safe sleep in the midst of our busy lives. 

I have not had any problems sleeping. Really, I haven't had difficulty sleeping and staying asleep for years. I believe my peaceful slumber is due to my faith in Jesus Christ. I have learned, with 90% success, to turn my stresses over to Christ. When I find myself stressing out I just have to go to prayer and release the object of my stress. It really works. The Lord of my life cares about my sleep, my stress and everything that occurs in my life. Praise God for his wondeful peace!



No comments: