Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Seeing is not believing

Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, (1 Peter 1:8 NIV)

I have never seen Jesus. Sure, I've seen pictures. I've watched movies about Jesus and have a sense of what he looks like only through those sources. But I don't really have any idea of who he is physically. It doesn't matter. I have never thought my faith was on shaky ground because I haven't seen Jesus. I talk about seeing Jesus when I die. But, beyond that, it's just not important. I love him just as if we physically saw each other every day.

The thought of Jesus and the life we have shared brings great joy to my heart. I know he is there because I can feel and see his presence. Just like the wind. I feel the wind, I see it's impact on the environment, yet I can't see it. Praise God he is active, he is alive in my life. I love you Lord. You are amazing and I enjoy every day we spend together. I look forward, not just to seeing you, but being with you in eternity. Amen!

No comments: