Monday, May 12, 2014

Failure is the fuel for growth!

Blessed is the one you discipline, Lord, the one you teach from your law; (Psalm 94:12 NIV)

I am wrong! 

Those are key words in the life of any human on this planet. The ability to admit errors and to accept consequences helps us grow. I certainly know how tough this is. I struggle with admitting I am wrong, yet I am always looking for ways to get better. That is the next step. The first is to admit your error. The second is, decide what you are going to do about it.

I teach Math. Students love to see me make mistakes. Any teacher that can't admit their mistakes is a failure as a teacher. Students need to see it's ok to make mistakes. It's ok to fail. I have seen the consequences of not being comfortable admitting wrong doing. When someone can't deal with their own errors, they always resort to covering up those mistakes. Publicly admitting you are wrong is nearly impossible for some people.

God brings discipline in the midst of our errors in life. He doesn't want to punish. He wants us to grow from our failures. If there were no consequences for mistakes, what incentive would we have to change. None of us is sinless. None can claim the righteous ground. Yet, when we confess our sins, God is there to lift us up. He is there to help us endure the humiliation and the consequences. He is there to help us grow and recover stronger than before. There is a reason for our mistakes. They are the fuel for growth! Praise God!

Dear Lord forgive me for my sins. Forgive me for my arrogance and trying to act perfect. Help me to use the failures and mistakes of my life to grow closer to you. All I do is for you Lord and I know you want nothing but the best for me. I praise you for your wondeful love and grace. Amen!

No comments: