Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Know God in 2014!

and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. (Ephesians 3:19 NIV)

In less than 16 hours we turn the page on 2013. People will celebrate tonight in many different ways. Stephanie and I have no plans. We probably won't even be awake at midnight. The New Year will come regardless wether we are sleeping or awake. The dropping of the ball in Time Square or the flash from 11:59pm to midnight will occur even as it am in peaceful slumber. God operates the same way. Regardless wether we acknowledge him or know his great love, he is always working. I KNOW this to be true because of my life.

For over 40 years I have known the Love of God. It is so fun to look back on my life and see God in every event. The love and relationship I have with my wife, the blessings of my children and grandchildren, the wonderul friends, and various ministries I have been a part of, all scream Gods love for me. It boggles my mind to know he loves me so much that he has filled my life with such joy and great people.

I want the same thing for all my family, friends, and people I meet. I pray that in 2014 you will come to know the fullness of Gods love, a love that surpasses all understanding. I pray that you will come to know God personally and begin to share that love with everyone you know. I pray that even in the toughest of times you will be aware of God. I pray you will know joy that overcomes pain and suffering. I pray you will experience laughter and relaxation throughout the entire year. Praise God for a great year and another miraculous year just around the corner.

No comments: