Monday, May 30, 2016

Your own stubborn desires!

““But no, my people wouldn’t listen. Israel did not want me around. So I let them follow their own stubborn desires, living according to their own ideas. Oh, that my people would listen to me! Oh, that Israel would follow me, walking in my paths! How quickly I would then subdue their enemies! How soon my hands would be upon their foes! Those who hate the LORD would cringe before him; they would be doomed forever. But I would feed you with the finest wheat. I would satisfy you with wild honey from the rock.””Psalms 81:11-16 NLT. http://bible.com/116/psa.81.11-16.nlt

We, too, are at this point in our history. Although the U.S. is not the chosen kingdom like Israel, we have been abundantly blessed by the Lord. Yet, we have told the Lord, we don't want him. We have, as a collective country, decided to follow our stubborn desires. We have turned a deaf ear to the Lord and completely shunned what is right.

We have enemies on all sides. The pagans, the ungodly, are the enemy, and they are winning. They are taking over, they are forcing the moral decay. This small minority, is destroying the moral compass of our nation. We have been hijacked and swindled out of our blessings. We could defeat all the foes by supporting the God of the universe. We could end our decay if we would call on the name of the Lord! Our enemies would be defeated. The evil in our world would not survive. IF we would just call on the Lord, God would defeat the enemy right here and right now.

We know the ultimate victory is in Jesus. We know the eternal victory we have is in Jesus. But, that same victory can be seen right now if we would just bow to the creator of the universe. We don't have to wait! Victory is at hand with the Lord!

Dear Lord, Please forgive us for our sins. Forgive us for the times we ignored you and tried to live life without you. I know, Lord, there are no real blessings without you. I love you and desire you more every day. On this memorial day, where we honor our fallen soldiers, please do not forget this country. Although many have turned from you, many still honor you, and seek you. Please help us to bring others to know you. Help us to keep working to draw others to serve you. We love you! We need you! Amen!

No comments: