Sunday, May 22, 2016

Our Greatest "Sales Job"!

“Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before. Then people who are not believers will respect the way you live, and you will not need to depend on others.”1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 NLT.  http://bible.com/116/1th.4.11-12.nlt

I am not fond of loud mouthed know-it-alls. I value, respect, and honor those who lead quietly and without fanfare. There are exceptions, but generally I respect the quiet, strong leader more than the brash, arrogant type.

I also love the humility that comes from someone who does not make himself better than others. I know people who are intellectually superior than 90% of those in this world, yet do not boast or raise their nose. 

We are to live an active life full of relationships with others, but not place ourselves in the most high position. We are to be confident in our savior and our future in eternity, but we are ALL sinners and we are ONLY saved by the Grace of Jesus. We do not need to be domineering, or preach from the SOAP BOX to get others to see the power of Jesus and we do not need to "sell" Jesus like some used car salesman. Our greatest "SALES JOB" comes by living a life of love and humility in service to the lost. Minding our own business doesn't mean huddling in our homes, cowering from the world. Minding our own business means loving without judging, serving unconditionally, and staying close to God with our devotion to prayer, worship and study. We gain immense respect and we can live our entire life focused on those things. We need nothing more.

Dear Lord, I praise you and the life you have designed for us. Keep me on the path you have laid before me. Keep me focused on you and not myself. I am your servant and love you more than life itself. Amen!




No comments: