Sunday, May 15, 2016

Mountain tops and Valleys

“‘If calamity comes upon us, whether the sword of judgment, or plague or famine, we will stand in your presence before this temple that bears your Name and will cry out to you in our distress, and you will hear us and save us.’”  2 Chronicles 20:9 NIV.   http://bible.com/111/2ch.20.9.niv

Life is a real roller coaster ride. We are told we will know trouble in this life. We will face stress and turmoil. We can always stand in the presence of the Lord and cry out to him. He will not only hear us, he will save us. I am in a valley right now. It's funny how just days ago, maybe hours ago, I was on the top. A couple of weeks ago, I was down and feeling defeated. My life is living proof of the vicious cycle of joy and stress. I used to get upset about the ups and downs and blamed God. Why can't we always "live on the mountain top"? The valleys are important to help us focus on the Lord. The valleys help develop my strength, my character, my resilience, my dependence on the Lord. I am not sure any of those things develop without the trials I face in this life. I don't choose to go through them, but I cherish the mountain tops a whole lot more when I have been in the valleys. 


Dear Lord, even through my pain I know you deeply love me. It is times like these I know how you feel when you look down at us as our Heavenly Father. You look down and see our foolishness, our sins, and our life of lies and are saddened. Yet, you do not abandon us. You love us unconditionally and with a sincere heart. I praise your name Jesus! I sing you praises now and forever more! Amen!

No comments: