Saturday, May 28, 2016

Listening to a 2 year old!

1I love the lord because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. 2Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath! Psalms 116:1,2

I love being a grandparent. I love being called "gramps". My middle daughter and her family are living with us right now. We have been blessed that my son-in-law, Brian, is working as the Head Golf Pro at a golf course in Warsaw. They are living with us while they are waiting for their house to sell in Missouri. It is a blessed time. Our house isn't that large, but it is comfortable enough even with the dogs and the clutter that comes with kids. Now with our summer break  upon us, we will spend quite a bit of time together. My youngest granddaughter has a language all her own. I have to concentrate, with every ounce of energy, to understand her. She is a talker and has some wonderfully long conversations with anyone who will listen. I don't hear all that well and it always helps to bend down to listen for any clues about what she is talking about. But, I love to listen to her. I treasure every moment with my daughters, their families, and especially the grandkids. I am blessed beyond measure to be called husband, dad, and gramps! I have done nothing to deserve those blessings and I am humbled by them.
I love the Lord because he hears my voice. He hears and acts on my prayers. When I am babbling like a two year old, he bends down to listen. He focuses directly on me, the feelings in my heart, and the words that aren't always that clear. He knows me and can read between every word and sentence coming from my mouth. My prayer time is the best time of the day. My devotion time, the time the Lord speaks to my heart the strongest, is as precious as gold. I praise my Heavenly Father for his wonderful patience with me and the joyous life I lead. Praise God!

Dear Lord, I praise you for my exciting and adventurous past, the life I will lead today, and the glorious future you have in store for me. I praise you that you listen to me and my constant babblings. I praise you for the opportunities I have to pray to you, directly, to the God of the Universe. You amaze me and I am awed by your grace and mercy. I am yours forever. Amen!

No comments: