Thursday, May 19, 2016

It's never too late!

“Manasseh was twelve years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem fifty-five years. He did what was evil in the LORD’s sight, following the detestable practices of the pagan nations that the LORD had driven from the land ahead of the Israelites............

So the LORD sent the commanders of the Assyrian armies, and they took Manasseh prisoner. They put a ring through his nose, bound him in bronze chains, and led him away to Babylon. But while in deep distress, Manasseh sought the LORD his God and sincerely humbled himself before the God of his ancestors.”
2 Chronicles 33:1-2, 11-12 NLT http://bible.com/116/2ch.33.1-2,11-12.nlt

Everybody makes mistakes. We all stumble. Look at Manasseh. At 12 years old he began his reign.. It did not start out well. We don't know the details. I'm guessing he was a little immature and full of himself. God humbled him. The Assyrians armies humiliated him, tortured him, and destroyed his spirit. The rest is history. In his deep distress, he repented and turned to the Lord. Praise God!

God does no expect perfection. I praise him that I can live a life free of someone looking over my shoulders to pounce on me when we make a mistake. I praise him that he gives me freedom to serve and blesses me when I do. I praise him when I make poor choIces, suffer the consequences, and he still delivers me. Even if I waste most of my life separate from God, if I turn to him, he will accept me. It's never too late to turn to the Lord. It's not difficult. Pray that you believe in him, that Jesus died on the cross for your sins. You need to pray for forgiveness of your sins and you need to pray for the Holy Spirit to guide your life. That's it! Just like Manasseh, we need to seek and humble ourselves before the Lord. Our lives will greatly improve and we will live in peace throughout eternity.

Dear Lord, I am humbled and blessed that you are my Lord. You have delivered me from my enemies and rescued me from my own mistakes. Lord, I love you. I pray my family, friends, coworkers, and my enemies draw closer to you. I pray they open their hearts to you and your love. Fill me with your spirit that I may share it everywhere I go.Amen!

No comments: