Monday, May 9, 2016

I rely on you!

“Then Asa called to the Lord his God and said, “ Lord, there is no one like you to help the powerless against the mighty. Help us, Lord our God, for we rely on you, and in your name we have come against this vast army. Lord, you are our God; do not let mere mortals prevail against you.””
2 Chronicles 14:11 NIV.  http://bible.com/111/2ch.14.11.niv

It sure seems like the "mere mortals" are winning. That is what King Asa was thinking. His kingdom was busy fighting, not just military foes, but foes of the Lord. As was often the case in the Old Testament, they were severely outnumbered. Time and time again, the forces of Israel prevailed in battles with their enemies. They relied heavily on the Lord, So do I.

With all the craziness of this world, I rely on God. I have walked with him for over 40 years and I know of his power and his strength. I also know my weaknesses. I know I do not have the strength without the Lord at my side. When I go up against the forces of evil or when I challenge a Godless society that is anti-Christianity, I need the power of the Lord. I need him to help guide me through my day serving others. I need him in all interactions with family and friends. I might not face an army, but my challenges are no less daunting. I praise God he has always been there and protected me through all things. I praise him as I feel his presence every moment of every day.

Dear Lord, I need you. I rely on your power and strength. My greatest fear is a life without you. I am honored you have been with me for over 40 years. I praise you for life and the precious time I have here on earth to bring others to know you. Amen!

No comments: