Tuesday, May 24, 2016

What did you say?!

“So we keep on praying for you, asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy of his call. May he give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do.”
2 Thessalonians 1:11 NLT.  http://bible.com/116/2th.1.11.nlt

As I gain years, I find myself having a more difficult time with my hearing. I notice it mostly when I am in a room with a lot going on. It takes all my efforts to concentrate and listen to a single person in a crowded room. As a Christian I have the same difficulties listening and discerning the voice of God. I have to spend great amounts of time listening to the SPIRIT OF THE LORD. I have said over and over again in order to HEAR the voice of the Lord, I need to be in the word of God, to spend time in worship, and time in prayer. My time in prayer is NOT just talking, it is listening and trying to discern the voice of God. That effort takes time and it takes dedication. But, it is terribly important.

Keep on praying. Never cease. Pray for each other, constantly.  Pray for your own discernment. Pray for the ability to live a life worthy of your call. As Christians we should know the difficulties living a life worthy of Gods call. We should know, first hand, the internal fight we face listening and acting on the will of God. We need the power of God to defeat the sin in our lives. That power also prompts us to accomplish good things and that power keeps us focused on our main goal: bring others to follow Jesus. Prayer can break down those barriers.

My biggest concern as a Christian is knowing and following the will of God. I want to live a life worthy of my call. It pains me when I do not live up to that call. I DO STUMBLE. I miss opportunities to do the good things my faith prompts me to do. I need God's amazing power to serve, I need his power to keep on the path he has set before me. I need the Lord.


Dear Lord, I pray for your will in my life. I pray I can serve you to my fullest potential. I need your power to do that. I need your power to accomplish all the good things my faith prompts me to do. I am not strong enough to do it on my own. I love you Lord. I praise you and the grace you provide every day. Amen!



No comments: