Wednesday, May 11, 2016

What did I miss?

At that time Hanani the seer came to King Asa and told him, “Because you have put your trust in the king of Aram instead of in the lord your God, you missed your chance to destroy the army of the king of Aram. 2 Chronicles 16:7
I like to be in the middle of things. I really pay attention to the people around me and hate when I am the last to hear about an important event. I constantly watch the news, read the paper, and listen to the "word on the street." I hate to miss things. I often wonder how many blessings have I missed because I trusted in someone or something other than the Lord. As I look back on my life, I can see the powerful hand of God saving me from financial ruin, repairing family relationships, guiding my path from one career to another, healing the sick, and delivering me from fear, depression, and anxiety. God has truly made his presence known to me and my family. I also know that I have a tendency to control everything. I trust in the Lord, but I always think I know best and sometimes that human, sinful side of me, takes over. l need to listen to the guiding of the Holy Spirit.The circumstances behind my failures in life are always tied to times where I have distanced myself from God. Those times in life where I have let the stresses get the best of me are directly linked to times where I have not been in prayer. In order to keep myself focused on the will of God, I need to be in prayer, read his word, and worship him. When I do not do those things, my life unravels and I miss great opportunities for blessings.
Dear Lord, I love you and am embarrassed that I often ignore your guidance and direction in my life. Please Lord, keep me focused on you and your perfect plan for me and my family. As I walk through my day, guide my words and my actions that they would honor and glorify you. I praise you Lord that you love me through all my weaknesses. You are like no other. Amen!

No comments: