Friday, May 27, 2016

Graduates - "When am I ever going to use this?"

“Let the whole world bless our God and loudly sing his praises. Our lives are in his hands, and he keeps our feet from stumbling. You have tested us, O God; you have purified us like silver.”Psalms 66:8-10 NLT.  http://bible.com/116/psa.66.8-10.nlt

It's graduation day at Garrett High School. When I read these verses I could see our seniors. Tonight is a great evening of celebration. The Lord has brought the class of 2016 through the first phase of their lives. He has tested them, literally and figuratively. Now they go out into the world and put their mark on history. They will stumble, but the Lord will be there if and when they call upon him. Tonight and in the next few days as they celebrate with family and friends, they will get loads of advice. I also have some advice for them.

It will not be a surprise that my advice deals with leaning on the Lord for all things. I can not imagine living a life without the Lord. I have spent over 40 years with him. You should not waste another moment of your life without the Lord in the middle. Get on your knees and praise him. Ask forgiveness for your sins, and confess that Jesus is Lord. Your parents, teachers, and friends have impacted your life in a significant way, but the Lord will change you like never before. The change does not  need to happen before you devote to Jesus, it happens after.

 You have constantly pressed me as we spent the last four years together asking, "When am I ever going to use this?" I agreed, you may never see  the algebra and geometry taught at GHS ever again. That is not true for the Lord. He will help in every part of your life. He will be there as you grow your family. He will be there through the trials of illness, financial crisis, and death. He will be there in celebrations and times of mourning. Your education will never be complete especially when it comes to knowing the God of the Universe. The world says seeking him is frivolous. Don't listen to the world, find out for yourself. I can guarantee the Lord will make himself known in powerful ways. 

Pursue him with all your heart and live a life of amazement.

Dear Lord, I praise you for the privilege of being apart of the lives of the class of 2016. I truly am blessed. I ask you Lord to watch over them. Walk beside them as they head out to make their impact on the world. Speak to them, make your presence known, and draw them closer to you. Be patient with them s they search life for truth. Give them a heart for justice and a heart to serve. I love you lord and look forward to every day of my life with you. I praise you now and forever. Amen!


No comments: