Sunday, May 1, 2016

Praise, even when I can't!

“Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.”   1 Chronicles 16:8-10 NIV.   http://bible.com/111/1ch.16.8-10.niv

It's Sunday morning and I am ready for church. I love Sunday's and going to worship. But, sometimes, including today, it takes more effort to get to worship. This past week has been a  little rough and I am trying to feel the hope of tomorrow and the motivation to serve. I'm not quite there. My God still loves me.

It is easy to give God praise when times are great, things are perfect. It's when things are not perfect, when life appears to be against you, we/I need to Praise God! God is worthy of our praise. God is worthy of our praise at all times, good and bad. He has led me thus far and he has promised to never leave me. He is always with us. His grace is perfect, his love is forever.

Dear Lord, I praise you. I praise your holy name. On days like today, and weeks like this week, I praise you because I know you are in charge. I know your love is real and you are here beside me. Thank you Lord! Thank you for my life, the friends I have, the people you have put in my life, even if for only a short time. I praise you for the wonderful things you have done! Amen!


No comments: