Monday, May 2, 2016

I have come a long way!

16Then King David went in and sat before the lord and prayed,
“Who am I, O  lord God, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far? 1 Chronicles 17:16
We are winding down another school year. May is here. I am thankful for the year. I have been blessed with great students and great colleagues. The year is not ending as I had hoped, but I can not ignore how far God has brought me as a teacher and a person. 
I love what I do. I love teaching Math and life lessons to my students. I like them to know I am not perfect at Math or at life. I think it is so important that I am REAL to my students. I want them to know I care while pushing them to be grow uncomfortably. I really DO care. It's not an act. It's not something I am forced to do. I truly love my students and my colleagues. 
I think it is important to build relationships, to love unconditionally, and to serve in any way I can. When I learn how to do that like Jesus did, the world will be a better place. I certainly have not perfected my teaching. I'm certainly not a perfect person. Every day I progress down the path to where I want to be. I can not get there on my own. It is only through the grace, love, and power of Jesus that I am who I am. Praise God he has brought me along that path to where I am today! 

Dear Lord, I love you. I need your help as we finish this school year. I need your help as I continue to become the person you want me to be. Help me to love the way you would  love. Help me to serve as you would serve. You are amazing, Lord, and I am blessed to be called yours. I love you more today than yesterday. I will love you forever. Amen!

No comments: